Online Services Instructions - for employers that are not CPA firms
***The CPAOnline application may be unavailable between 11:00pm and midnight due to maintenance.
Our online services are housed within Secure Access Washington (SAW). To register for a SAW user account:
- Go to https://secureaccess.wa.gov
- Click on Create one.
- Follow the steps to register.
- You will be sent an e-mail confirming your registration.
- Select the link in the e-mail that follows this statement: “To activate your new account, click the following link”
If you experience problems or you do not receive an e-mail, please contact the WaTech Support Center (24 hrs) at: (888) 928-3241 or (360) 586-1000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you are registered with SAW please follow these steps to set up the link to the Washington State Board of Accountancy (WBOA):
- Use your SAW User ID and Password to log back into your SAW account.
- Click the “Click here to add services” link.
- Select "Washington State Board of Accountancy" from the list of agencies.
- Click "Apply".
- You will be directed to the CPA Online user registration page.
- Select “An outside employer intending to pay for employee(s) (non CPA Firms only)?
- Fill out the “Employer Information” and hit “Submit”
Once you successfully register as an employer the CPAOnline application will provide you with a unique Employer Number. This allows you the ability to pay fees to the Board for your employees. Please provide your Employer Number to your employees to be used in their application process.
If you have questions or need assistance with this process, please contact the Board at email@example.com or (360) 753-2586.