International Education - Evaluation

If you received your education from a college or university outside the United States, you must have your education evaluated by a Board recognized evaluation service to determine equivalency with Washington State requirements.

The Board has approved the recognized evaluation service listed below regarding evaluation of international credentials and education obtained from a Non-accredited U.S. College or University.

NASBA International Evaluation Services
PO Box 198727
Nashville, TN  37219
Toll Free:  855-468-5382 or 615-277-9077
Web Site: NASBA

You must do this before applying for the CPA exam or for the CPA license. This process can take longer than 60 days to complete. 

A copy of the international transcript(s) must be included with the report sent to the Board from the evaluation service. The application will be considered incomplete without these documents and the processing of the application will not move forward until transcripts are provided.

Ask the education evaluator to provide you with a 'course-by-course' evaluation.

If applying for the exam as a Washington candidate:

Send the evaluation to:
CPA Examination Services Washington Coordinator
150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700
PO Box 198469
Nashville, TN 37219-8469

If you passed the exam in another jurisdiction and now wish to apply for a Washington license:

Send the evaluation to:
Washington State Board of Accountancy
PO Box 9131
Olympia, WA, 98507-9131