Meeting the Education Requirements
- Full Education Rule
- Education Evaluation Worksheet (Fillable PDF)
- Contact Exam Administrator - CPAES
- Education requirements before July 1, 2000
The Board contracts with CPA Exam Services (CPAES) for application requirements, intake and processing for Washington's CPA exam applicants. If you have questions regarding meeting the education requirements to be eligible to take the CPA exam, you must contact CPAES.
Current Education Requirements - After July 1, 2000
To be eligible to take the CPA exam, you must have completed:
- At least 150 semester credits of college education, including:
- A baccalaureate degree or higher
- 24 semester credits in accounting subjects with 15 credits at the upper or graduate level
- 24 semester credits in business administration subjects
You must meet the Board's education requirements before you submit an application.
Education earned from the US or outside of the US
Outside US Education
- Have your education evaluated by a Board recognized evaluation service.
- Determine if you completed the required education.
Non Accredited US College or University
Contact: Education Credential Evaluation Service - RLK Associates
16420 SE McGillivray Blvd. Suite 103-310
Vancouver, WA, 98683
Fax: (866) 583-8290
Web Site: www.educes.org
To view and print a PDF file, you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download the latest version directly from the Adobe web site.