The Board Brings You Online Services
***The CPAOnline application may be unavailable between 11:00pm and midnight due to maintenance.
Our online services are housed within Secure Access Washington (SAW). To register for a SAW user account:
- Go to https://secureaccess.wa.gov
- Click on Create one.
- Follow the steps to register.
- You will be sent an e-mail confirming your registration.
- Select the link in the e-mail that follows this statement: “To activate your new account, click the following link”
If you experience problems or you do not receive an e-mail, please contact the Department of Information Services Support Center
(24 hrs) at: (888)241-7597 email@example.com
Once you are registered with SAW please follow these steps to set up the link to the Washington State Board of Accountancy (WBOA):
- Use your SAW User ID and Password to log back into your SAW account.
- Click the “Click here to add services” link.
- Enter “WBOA” in the Service Code box (on the top right). Click “Apply.”
- You will be directed to the CPA Online user registration page.
- Select who you are and proceed. (You may need a WebID or an Invoice # provided by the Board)
- If your employer is intending to pay, and your employer is not a registered CPA firm, they will need to register with SAW for an employer ID. Please click here for instructions
If you have questions or need assistance with this process, please contact Board Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Please note: if you are a firm owner and an individual with a CPA license, you are required to create two separate SAW accounts as SAW only allows you to connect one license type to each account. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.