Making CPA Firm Changes
How do I make changes to a CPA Firm?
- First register or log into Secure Access Washington (click here for detailed instructions); and
- Use our online firm amendment.
You must notify the Board within 90 days of the change
What events require a firm amendment?
A firm must use our online firm amendment to submit the following information and the appropriate fee, within ninety days of the following:
- Admission or departure of an owner;
- Any change in the name of the firm; or
- Change in the resident managing licensee of the main office in this state
What happens when a CPA firm changes its legal entity?
A change in the legal entity of a CPA firm requires the firm to apply for a new firm license by:
- First registering or logging into Secure Access Washington (click here for detailed instructions); and
- Apply for a new CPA firm license using our online initial firm license application.
Dissolving your firm?
- By using the Board's Online Services, you can submit your dissolution request immediately.
- File your dissolution using the Dissolution form?
Once the firm is notified, how long does the firm have to come into compliance?
The CPA firm has ninety days from the date of the reportable event to come into compliance before additional action will be taken by the Board.