The Board directs the Committee to review the effectiveness of the Board's current independence rule and develop a draft independence rule. The Board does not wish to limit the Committee's considerations, research and creativity. However, the Committee's considerations are, at a minimum, to include a review of:
- The Board's current independence rule,
- Washington State Board: History of violations of the independence rule,
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act,
- The independence provisions (if any) in the Uniform Accountancy Act,
- Other states independence provisions focusing on recent changes in state law,
- Independence rules promulgated by federal regulators; and
- AICPA Professional Code of Conduct including interpretations and draft interpretations.