2008 Board Meetings and Agendas
Regular Board Meeting Agenda
Friday, July 18, 2008 - Public Rule-Making Hearing 9:00 a.m.
Friday, July 18, 2008 - Regular Board Meeting - Immediately following rule-making hearing
The Heathman Lodge, Klickitat Room
7801 NE Greenwood Drive
- 9:00 a.m. Rules Hearing
- Representatives from CPA Examination Services and Prometric will attend the Board meeting and make a one-hour presentation
Chair Introductions/Special Notices
PUBLIC RULE-MAKING HEARING - 9:00 a.m.
- Public Rule-Making Hearing Script
- Rules Under Consideration
- WAC 4-25-400 What is the authority for and the purpose of the board's rules?
- WAC 4-25-410 Definitions.
- WAC 4-25-520 What public records does the board maintain?
- WAC 4-25-521 How can the board be contacted?
- WAC 4-25-540 What rules govern the proceedings before the board?
- WAC 4-25-550 Do I need to notify the board if I change my address?
- WAC 4-25-551 Must I respond to inquiries from the board?
- WAC 4-25-610 Which rules govern the conduct of CPAs, CPA-Inactive certificateholders, CPA firms, and firm owners?
- WAC 4-25-620 What are the requirements concerning integrity and objectivity?
- WAC 4-25-622 When must a CPA or CPA firm be independent?
- WAC 4-25-626 What restrictions govern commissions, referral, and contingent fees?
- WAC 4-25-630 What are the requirements concerning competence?
- WAC 4-25-631 With which rules, regulations and professional standards must a CPA, CPA firm, and firm owner comply?
- WAC 4-25-640 What are the requirements concerning records and clients confidential information?
- WAC 4-25-650 What acts are considered discreditable?
- WAC 4-25-660 What are the limitations on advertising and other forms of solicitation?
- WAC 4-25-670 What enforcement actions must be reported to the board?
- WAC 4-25-735 How does a CPA-Inactive certificateholder apply for licensure?
- WAC 4-25-745 How do I apply for an initial CPA license?
- WAC 4-25-746 How do I apply for a Washington state CPA license if I hold a valid CPA license in another state?
- New section WAC 4-25-747 Must an individual holding a license from another state apply and obtain a Washington state license to hold out and practice in Washington state?
- WAC 4-25-750 What are the CPA firm licensing requirements?
- WAC 4-25-752 How do I register to be a resident nonlicensee owner of a licensed firm and with which rules must a nonlicensee firm owner comply?
- New section WAC 4-25-753 Must a firm holding a license from another state apply and obtain a Washington state license to hold out and practice in Washington state?
- Repealer WAC 4-25-756 I am licensed in another state-How do I notify the board of my intent to enter the state in order to obtain practice privileges in the state of Washington?
- WAC 4-25-820 What are the requirements for participating in quality assurance review (QAR)?
- WAC 4-25-830 What are the CPE requirements?
- WAC 4-25-910 What are the bases for the board to impose discipline?
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
- CPAES/Prometric Presentation
- NASBA Western Regional Meeting
- Accountancy Licensee Database (ALD) (PDF 830kb)
- Board Deliberation on proposed rules considered at public rule-making hearing - See listing above under Public Rule-Making Hearing - Items a. through bb.
- For reference only - Substitute Senate Bill 6604 (PDF 80kb)
- Academic & Credential Records, Evaluation & Verification Service (ACREVS)
- Education Credential Evaluation Service (EDUCES)
- Vice-Chair Recommendation for 2008-2009 (PDF 30kb)
- Government Referral Agency Task Force
- Governor Appointments
- Committee Assignments
- CPA Exam Liaison - Robin A. Clark, CPA, Chair - Update
- CPE - Ronald Sabado, CPA, Chair - No report
- Education Rule Review - Ronald Sabado, CPA, Chair - Update
- Mobility - Laurie Tish, CPA, Chair - No Report
- Legislative Liaison – Edwin Jolicoeur, CPA, Chair - No report
- Outreach - Ronald Sabado, CPA, Chair - No report
- Policy and Rule Review - Sharron O'Donnell, CPA, Chair - No report
- Practice Review - Thomas J. Sadler, CPA Chair - Update
- Qualifications – No report
- Quality Assurance Review (QAR) (PDF 68kb) Committee - Update
- Request Review Committee - Robin Clark, CPA, Chair - See Consent Agenda - Vote
- Meeting with Board Officers - Update
- CPE Waivers (16 hours and under) - Update
- WBOA-News - Update
- Investigation Management/Administrative Violations Reports - Update
- Status of Online Services and Web Site Redesign - Update
- Tribal Consents to Cooperative Agreement for Board Authority - Update
- Agency Budget Report
- Executive Director Fiscal Year 2008-2009 Priorities - Update
- Staff Changes
- Request for Direction - QAR Remedial Sanctions
- Pending and Potential Litigation
To view and print a PDF file, you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader loaded on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, download the latest version directly from the Adobe web site.